Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a sugar-laden jungle of fat and garbage out there...

Ok, so I went out today to forage for some food for my two pre-workout meals this afternoon (hitting the gym after work to try out some breathing squats for the first time) and this is what I found...






Hmmmm...nope.


















Definitely no - and this one was easy to pass up for obvious reasons...














Wow...sugar, fat and carbs as far as the eye can see...and there were a lot of snacks, too. ;)












Feeling better...more of what I was looking for. Something that will give me energy, fill me up and not send me napping in a half hour.











Finally! Victory is mine!















And the winner is...

Oh, and I had a protein shake, too. Chocolate Peanut Butter Trutein stolen from a colleague. Mixed it with unsweetened almond milk and YUMMO. Tastes like Peanut Butter pie - not lying.

Don't worry, won't be finishing this off. Haven't worked out yet today, so I'll snack on this now and again in a few hours before I head to the gym. I'm thinking whole-wheat pasta with my famous clam sauce for dinner when I'm finished...

4 comments:

Coda Vex said...

Good job Jenn. I fell off the wagon big time and today was my first day back on. I feel better after just one day of eating right and following the fasting guidline....Why do I keep falling off again?

BCCA pre-workout.
2 eggs W/spinach, tomatoes and a bit of cheese on small tortilla post W/O.
Protien bar (not good I know but I was hungry and is all I have at work.)cottage cheese, black berries and 1/2 apple.
Chicken breast baked potato grapes and spinach leaves.

Thanks for your blog...gives me a boost!

Jenn said...

are you having any refeed days? like a real pigout meal or two every few weeks? It'll boost your leptin and curb your hunger. I remember eating a half of a deep dish Chicago pizza and not being hungry for at least 3 days after!

Dumpster Dude said...

Good to know that you controlled your temptation and went in for low fat food.

Jenn said...

@Dumpster Dude - that stuff doesn't tempt me. My biggest vices are red wine and original Oreos with milk.

:)

Search This Blog

Fierce Apparel

Text Ads

Mobile Ads

$value) { if (strpos($param, 'color_') === 0) { google_append_color($google_ad_url, $param); } else if (strpos($param, 'url') === 0) { $google_scheme = ($GLOBALS['google']['https'] == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, $google_scheme . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else { google_append_globals($google_ad_url, $param); } } return $google_ad_url; } $google_ad_handle = @fopen(google_get_ad_url(), 'r'); if ($google_ad_handle) { while (!feof($google_ad_handle)) { echo fread($google_ad_handle, 8192); } fclose($google_ad_handle); } ?>