Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rockin' the Chins

Today I rocked the chinups, totaling the most ever in the fewest sets.

Set 1 - 9
Set 2 - 7
Set 3 - 4

These are full chin-ups; I went all the way to lockout like the woman in the pic and back to the top where my chin was above the bar.

What's better than doing 9 chins? Doing 9 chins, hopping down and seeing a 300 lb stacked dude smiling at me with the "way to go" look. :)

Next time I'm adding weights. I'll look a bit silly with a 5 lb plate hanging from my waist, but you have to crawl before you can walk!

Stats:
Weight - steady - 119.4-119.6
BF - down to 27.1% (yay!)
Tummy - FULL of chicken meat and jambalaya! Tonight's dinner? Homemade pulled pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries! If this is a diet, I'm in heaven.






2 comments:

dougal said...

Lovin your blog and yes IF rocks. Here is an alternative for the weight around your waist. Grab a dumbell and pick it up with your ankles before you do the chin or WG pull up.

Jenn said...

Yeah, I do that with other exercises, but the funny thing is I can hardly reach the chin-up bar at my gym. I have to use a small step box and I'm still stretching to reach the handles, so I'm afraid that if I try to grab a dumbbell while doing this I'll fall on my face. I lean toward clumsy as it is. :) I use dumbbells between my feet when I do knee raises though.

Search This Blog

Fierce Apparel

Text Ads

Mobile Ads

$value) { if (strpos($param, 'color_') === 0) { google_append_color($google_ad_url, $param); } else if (strpos($param, 'url') === 0) { $google_scheme = ($GLOBALS['google']['https'] == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, $google_scheme . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else { google_append_globals($google_ad_url, $param); } } return $google_ad_url; } $google_ad_handle = @fopen(google_get_ad_url(), 'r'); if ($google_ad_handle) { while (!feof($google_ad_handle)) { echo fread($google_ad_handle, 8192); } fclose($google_ad_handle); } ?>