Friday, January 7, 2011

Ouch!

Ok...so I didn't quite look like this chick pictured here. She's obviously some sort of freak of nature. But I practiced the clean and jerk using just the 45lb bar - you know, like the one that's holding about 150 lbs for the girl in this photo.

I must admit, it was an interesting experience. First of all, after reading that shoes with gel cushioning would defeat the entire purpose of such an advanced move, I donned the only somewhat gym-appropriate shoes I own that have absolutely no support - my Chuck Taylor All Stars I got at Target for like $14 last year.

Using such a low weight, I found didn't really need to the the split-squat thing Wonder Woman is doing here. Nevertheless, I think I mastered the basic mechanics - and have sore legs (and shoulders) to prove it. At least I didn't hurt myself.

Tomorrow we're going snowboarding - I hope I didn't sabotage my day at the mountain with this exercise! If I can't get off the toilet in the morning, I'll know I'm in trouble.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Getting off the toilet, indeed! I remember a time decades ago when I was going to improve myself by doing squats. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and my legs crumbled! I finally pulled myself up and made it to the toilet, but getting off that was a major feat. I walked around for days with my knees locked. Good luck!!

Search This Blog

Fierce Apparel

Text Ads

Mobile Ads

$value) { if (strpos($param, 'color_') === 0) { google_append_color($google_ad_url, $param); } else if (strpos($param, 'url') === 0) { $google_scheme = ($GLOBALS['google']['https'] == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, $google_scheme . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else { google_append_globals($google_ad_url, $param); } } return $google_ad_url; } $google_ad_handle = @fopen(google_get_ad_url(), 'r'); if ($google_ad_handle) { while (!feof($google_ad_handle)) { echo fread($google_ad_handle, 8192); } fclose($google_ad_handle); } ?>