Skip to main content

DIET is a four-letter word!

Here's what I've eaten today:

A.M. vanilla protein shake with skim milk (32 g protein)

creatine drink w/water

*Back and Biceps workout*

post-workout protein shake w/water (23 g protein w/o the milk)

2 lunch boxes with two boiled chicken tenderloins and 1 cup of mixed frozen (thawed, but not cooked) corn, peas and green beans. Approximately 36 g protein plus loads of fiber.

SO, it's 2:42 pm and I've already consumed 91 g of protein. Need to fit in another 30 g minimum into the rest of the day, preferably 50 g. I'll have a small snack in an hour or so that has to include protein, but I'm out of food! Will run to the coffee shop b/c they have my favorite Chobani Greek yogurt there (14-16 g of protein depending on the flavor).

Dinner tonight will be marinated flank steak, wild rice and veggies and I'll have another protein shake before bed to top things off and get my metabolism revving for tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - Progress Pics

Recently I've been struggling with my motivation. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. My workouts stalled (poor diet, lack of discipline and no sleep). Then, today, I hopped on the scale to a solid 116.0 lbs (was literally 117.8 yesterday at the same time). I think the two pints of Guinness I had to celebrate St. Patty's with my girlfriend and the bar appetizers I shouldn't have eaten may have given me the "Whoosh" that Martin Berkhan speaks of. "By the way, a nice bonus after a night of drinking is that it effectively rids you of water retention. You may experience the "whoosh" effect, which I've talked about in my two-part series about water retention. That in itself can be motivating for folks who've been experiencing a plateau in their weight loss." In any event, I'm pleased at my results so far and look forward to seeing how I will look in another two months - just in time for Memorial Day at the Jersey Shore. Here the...

Lift Like a Girl - You just might like it

After I sent Martin ( Leangains.com ) my chinup vids so he can post them, he asked me about my routine so he could offer some background to the videos. He felt it may help give some direction to other IFing women out there; and I hope it does. I think he's going to post this sometime soon as well, but I wanted to archive it on my own blog. I created this routine from bits and pieces found scattered like confetti across his blog. I know everyone is slightly different and has different goals, so this routine may not be for you. I also know that, after two months of this, I'm stronger than ever before, but will likely have to find a way to shake things up a bit to keep things moving...but I'm not sure how to proceed. In case you rush through the routine without reading the fine print, I generally rest from 3 to 5 minutes between every set. Since I'm only doing 2-3 types of exercises at 3-4 sets each, I'm in and out of the gym in under an hour. Oh, and I only workout 3 ...

Quickie Workout Update

Great workout tonight. Deadlift 175 x 5 (PR), 165 x 5, 155 x 5, 145 x 5. It was humid in the gym and I was having a helluva time holding the bar. Anyone have any gym-legal suggestions? Leg Extensions 160 X 7, 150 x 5, 140 x 6 (I think this machine is off, I can't possibly do that much weight...will try the other one at the gym next week and compare, but some guy was hogging it up tonight...) Weighted Chins Bodyweight +20 lbs x 4 (PR), 17.5 x 4, 15 x 4, BW x 4- complete chins - near dead hang to chin above the bar. I even have a 12-year old and a bunch of strangers who witnessed it. lol. I'll do another video next week when I try to hit 6. By the time I was done, I was DONE. My legs were trembling while I was doing chins...my abs were screaming when I was doing my chins...hell, they're still kind of irritated at me and I'm sitting on my butt in front of my computer right now. WOW. Feels so good. I really think now that I'm eating more protein and making better carb c...